- Find a Provider
Redeemer Health provides compassionate care across every stage of life.
- View all Services
- Health Care
- Cancer Care
- Heart Care
- Maternity Care
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Pediatric Urgent Care
- More Health Care Services
- Home Care
- Support at Home
- Special Recovery at Home
- Chronic & Complex Conditions
- Advanced Care at Home
- Hospice Care
- More Home Care Services
- Patients & Visitors
Pediatric rehabilitation specialists work with children who have a variety of disabilities and diagnoses to improve function and quality of life.
Compassionate Pediatric Rehabilitation in Greater Philadelphia Area
In addition to our adult rehabilitation services, Redeemer specializes in caring for children with a variety of conditions—from acute orthopedic injuries, to more chronic developmental delays, learning disabilities and autistic spectrum disorders. All services are offered in a caring, warm and collaborative environment.
Personalized Care for Your Child
Occupational, physical and speech therapists will conduct a comprehensive evaluation and develop an individualized treatment plan suited to your child’s needs. We offer individual therapy and group therapy for peer interaction, as well as a special developmental follow-up program for NICU graduates, held twice a month.
Children’s Rehabilitation Services at Redeemer
We offer a variety of therapies to help children adapt to their condition and get back to being a kid. These therapies include:
- Pediatric physical therapy improves a child’s strength, balance, motor control and fitness. We use exercise and play activities to help children practice important skills, such as rolling, crawling, sitting, walking, jumping and running.
- Pediatric occupational therapy promotes fine motor and visual motor/perceptual development. Our goal is for your child to be able to participate in school, play and self-care skills with greater independence.
- Pediatric speech therapy helps children develop the skills to successfully communicate with their families, teachers, classmates and interact in the community. Redeemer speech therapists treat a child’s articulation, oral-motor skills, language and voice.
The specialized rehabilitation programs for children at Redeemer include:
- The Listening Program – Redeemer’s programs use music with specific sound patterns to assist children with integration of multi-sensory information.
- NICU Follow-Up Clinic – This screening program is for infants who were in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and are at high risk for developmental delay due to conditions, such as prematurity, neurologic abnormality or neonatal meningitis. We evaluate motor, cognitive and communication skills and recommend interventions when appropriate.
- Therapeutic Groups – Redeemer offers these programs as needed for children of all ages and abilities. They run for 6-8 weeks and include Sensory Motor Group, Social Group, Handwriting Group and Yoga Group.
- Interactive Metronome – An evidence-based interactive program that helps improve processing and address difficulties with attention, sensory-motor skills and communication.
- Lidcombe Program – An evidence-based treatment program for preschool-aged children who stutter.
Our Team is Here to Help
If you have questions about pediatric rehabilitation at Redeemer, our team is only a phone call away. Contact us at 215-938-5721 to get your child the specialized care they need.
Redeemer offers comprehensive rehabilitation services in Northeast Philadelphia, Montgomery County and Bucks County.