- Find a Provider
Redeemer Health provides compassionate care across every stage of life.
- View all Services
- Health Care
- Cancer Care
- Heart Care
- Hospital at Home
- Maternity Care
- Pediatric Urgent Care
- More Health Care Services
- Home Care
- Support at Home
- Special Recovery at Home
- Chronic & Complex Conditions
- Advanced Care at Home
- Hospice Care
- More Home Care Services
- Patients & Visitors
Redeemer Health's Lymphedema Specialists are Here to Help
If you're experiencing abnormal swelling in your arms or legs, you may have developed lymphedema. This is a condition in which excess fluid collects in tissues and causes swelling. Lymphedema can occur following cancer treatment, trauma, or in those who have circulation problems.
While there is no cure for lymphedema, there are ways to manage the condition, ensure your comfort, and prevent its occurrence.
Our treatments include:
- Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT)—lymph drainage massage to improve circulation
- Gradient compression bandages and garments to reduce swelling
- Exercises to aid flexibility, strength, circulation, and endurance
- Modalities such as laser treatments to complement other therapies
- Education on treatments you can do at home to provide relief
- Specialized therapies for breast swelling and pain due to surgery
Our experienced physical and occupational therapists are specially certified in the treatment of lymphedema. Their focus is on relieving swelling and discomfort, and they will develop an individualized plan to help you achieve the goals that are important to you. The compassionate care and therapy they provide is designed to empower you to successfully manage your condition so you can live life to the fullest.
For an appointment or to learn more, please contact us at 215-494-7353.