If you or a loved one is coping with a life-limiting illness, it may be time to consider hospice care. Redeemer Health provides compassionate hospice care in New Jersey and the Greater Philadelphia area.
During the advanced stages of an illness, there are physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual needs that arise. Our specially trained, multidisciplinary staff can provide a range of services, caring for you at home or in an in-patient setting.
Reasons for Hospice
Hospice is a collection of therapy and treatments that are focused on the comfort of individuals who are nearing the end of their health care journey. The goal of hospice care is to improve the quality of life for the patient and their caregivers. People choose hospice for many reasons and can remain on the service for several months. Hospice care includes assistance for the caregiver with counseling, respite care, and other support services.
You may want to consider hospice care for yourself or a loved one in the following situations:
- You have a terminal illness, such as cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and end-stage organ disease.
- You are no longer seeking curative treatment for your illness.
- You need relief from symptoms, such as pain, nausea, loss of appetite, anxiety, and fatigue.
- When families need help with medical decision-making or you need emotional, psychosocial, or spiritual support.
- You want to focus on quality of life and comfort care.
How Hospice Helps
Hospice care can be provided in the home, at a nursing home, or in the hospital. If you choose hospice care at home, Redeemer Health's skilled hospice nurses and other personnel can visit on a regular basis to provide medical care and many other therapies.
Our services for hospice patients include:
- Coordination of care, including care from any other doctors you need to see
- Counseling, including emotional, psychosocial, and spiritual support to help you and your family cope with grief and loss
- Hospice support groups
- Medication management, including medicines to control pain, nausea, anxiety, and other symptoms
- Coordination of durable medical equipment
- Physical therapy and personal care assistance
- Companionship and bereavement services
Hospice Care at Holy Redeemer Hospital
If in-patient services are required, Redeemer Health brings hospice care directly to a patient’s hospital bedside no matter where the bed is located in the hospital. Care focuses on controlling severe pain and symptoms so, if possible, patients can return to their own home or skilled nursing facility to begin or resume routine hospice care.
Redeemer Health Offers Complementary or Alternative Therapies for Hospice Patients
Redeemer Health also provides alternative therapies that complement the effectiveness of traditional medical care. They can help reduce the effects of fear, worry, and stress on both the patient, during the end stages of an illness, and the family, during their caregiving and bereavement period. We provide these therapies without fee for those in the hospice program.
Alternative therapies offered at Redeemer Health include:
- Healing touch
- Guided imagery and meditation
- Music therapy and performances
- Pet therapy
Whether you need hospice care at home or in our hospital, the care team at Redeemer Health is happy to answer any questions you may have about our hospice services. Please call 888-678-8678 to learn more or to coordinate an admission.
Redeemer offers hospice care in Philadelphia, Bucks, and Montgomery counties in Pennsylvania and Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Ocean, and Salem counties in New Jersey.