- Find a Provider
Redeemer Health provides compassionate care across every stage of life.
- View all Services
- Health Care
- Cancer Care
- Heart Care
- Maternity Care
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Pediatric Urgent Care
- More Health Care Services
- Home Care
- Support at Home
- Special Recovery at Home
- Chronic & Complex Conditions
- Advanced Care at Home
- Hospice Care
- More Home Care Services
- Patients & Visitors
Volunteer at Redeemer Health
As a result of the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the community, we are temporarily suspending new volunteer applications. Please stay safe and healthy.
Volunteers are an essential part of the mission of Redeemer Health. We welcome volunteers over the age of 16 to share their gifts and talents with our patients, residents, and families.
The volunteer office will work with you to find the best position for your interests and skills while keeping the needs of Redeemer Health in mind.
Please note that the volunteer office does not offer clinical experience or shadowing opportunities with healthcare professionals.
Opportunities for volunteers:
- Redeemer Health: Opportunities throughout our healthcare facilities, including greeting patients and families, clerical support, nursing station support, hospitality cart, knitting baby caps, and other special projects.
- Redeemer Health Life Care: Pet therapy, recreation therapy, musical performance, friendly visitation with residents, and transport.
- Redeemer Health Pastoral Care: Seeking compassionate individuals to visit patients at Holy Redeemer Hospital and residents of Holy Redeemer Lafayette and St. Joseph Manor. Please contact Pastoral Care at 215-938-3952 for further information.
- Redeemer Health Food Pantry: Volunteers are needed to assist with the daily operations of our food pantry, including welcoming guests and assisting with inventory.
- Redeemer Health Thrift Store: Sales assistance that includes stocking/pricing items for sale, sorting donations, and greeting/assisting customers.
- Redeemer Health Hospice: Provide companionship and emotional support to patients and families.
- Drueding Center: Supporting our work with homeless families.
- At least 16 years of age
- Able to commit to a minimum of 50 hours of service
- Complete volunteer application
- Complete health screening and 2-step PPD test
- Complete new volunteer orientation
Summer Volunteer Program
Redeemer Health offers a summer volunteer program to students ages 16 and older. The summer volunteer program is an opportunity for students to gain exposure to the healthcare field while giving back to the community.
- Exposure to the healthcare field
- Supervised volunteer experience
- Complimentary meal before or after each volunteer shift
- Letter of reference or proof of volunteer hours upon request
We Do Not Provide
- Shadowing opportunities
- Medical or clinical training
- Course credits
- Schedule an interview with the volunteer office
- Must complete an application form, including 2-step PPD test provided in our Occupational Health Office
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 hours/week, with no more than 2 weeks off for vacations. Volunteers who cannot commit to this schedule will not be accepted into our summer volunteer program.