- Find a Provider
Redeemer Health provides compassionate care across every stage of life.
- View all Services
- Health Care
- Cancer Care
- Heart Care
- Maternity Care
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Pediatric Urgent Care
- More Health Care Services
- Home Care
- Support at Home
- Special Recovery at Home
- Chronic & Complex Conditions
- Advanced Care at Home
- Hospice Care
- More Home Care Services
- Patients & Visitors
When You Should Visit the Emergency DepartmentMarch 31, 2021
You’re not alone if you’ve ever pondered when and why it is necessary to visit the Emergency Department. When faced with some events, such as heart attack, stroke and severe illness, every minute counts. Life-saving interventions may be needed to improve the chances of recovery.
As an easy reference, here are the top reasons to seek immediate care and visit the Emergency Department.
- Signs of heart or lung problems (including difficulty breathing, chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms, and pain in the arm or jaw)
- Signs of stroke (including weak or drooping on one side of the body, slurred speech, or inability to speak)
- Severe upper respiratory infection
- Sharp abdominal pain
- Broken bones and sprains
- Trauma and injuries (including head trauma, eye injuries, deep cuts, severe bleeding, and serious burns)
- Sudden, severe headache
- Animal bites
- Back pain
- Skin infections
Of course, this list is not exhaustive. If you unsure a condition warrants emergency care, always call 911.
Taking Extra Precautions to Provide Safe Care in the ER
Patient and employee safety has always been a distinct part of our culture, and we’re taking further steps to keep you and your loved ones protected to limit exposure to COVID-19. These safety precautions include thorough disinfection and cleaning, mandatory masking, careful social distancing, and stringent screening.
We’re Here 24/7
At Redeemer Health, we’ve been providing quality, compassionate care to our community for more than 40 years. If you or a loved one needs emergency care, it’s important to not delay the vital care you need. Our Emergency Department is here for you 24/7, and our team is ready to provide a fast diagnosis, appropriate treatment, and comforting experience.