- Find a Provider
Redeemer Health provides compassionate care across every stage of life.
- View all Services
- Health Care
- Cancer Care
- Heart Care
- Hospital at Home
- Maternity Care
- Pediatric Urgent Care
- More Health Care Services
- Home Care
- Support at Home
- Special Recovery at Home
- Chronic & Complex Conditions
- Advanced Care at Home
- Hospice Care
- More Home Care Services
- Patients & Visitors
Understanding Our Home Care ServicesMarch 16, 2023
The earliest generation of Redeemer Health caregivers were our founding Sisters, who came to America to care, comfort, and heal the sick and poor in their homes. We are still answering that calling today, with nurses, therapists and home health aides following the compassionate example set by the Sisters nearly 100 years ago.
Our skilled professionals bring comfort, compassion, safety, and trust to each family we serve—all in the comforts of your own home. With our services, you will find nurses, therapists, and home health aides who provide skilled nursing, disease and pain management, wound care, and rehabilitative services. The key is knowing what type of home care to ask your doctor about. Here’s a quick tutorial:
- Home Care - Ongoing skilled care for chronic conditions that are manageable but improvement or recovery may be limited.
- Advanced Care at Home - Skilled and specialized care with a focus on quality of life and symptom management for patients who have advanced-stage illnesses that are not expected to improve.
- Support at Home - Assistance with daily living tasks, such as medication management, transportation, meal preparation, and companionship.
- Hospice Care - Once curative treatment has stopped for patients with a life-limiting illness, the focus shifts to comfort care and symptom management, support for patient and family, and quality at the end of life.
- Palliative Care - This provides you and your loved ones with extra support to lessen the burden of chronic or terminal illnesses. You can learn more about the difference between palliative and hospice care here.
Wherever you choose to get your home care services, be sure they focus on your overall health, medical history, abilities, lifestyle, goals, and other factors—all the things that make each patient unique. Now that you’re better informed, do you believe home care or hospice care can help you or a loved one? We’re happy to answer your questions. Please call 888-678-8678 or read more here.