- Find a Provider
Redeemer Health provides compassionate care across every stage of life.
- View all Services
- Health Care
- Cancer Care
- Heart Care
- Maternity Care
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Pediatric Urgent Care
- More Health Care Services
- Home Care
- Support at Home
- Special Recovery at Home
- Chronic & Complex Conditions
- Advanced Care at Home
- Hospice Care
- More Home Care Services
- Patients & Visitors
Vaccine and Safety Updates
Masks are mandatory for all visitors. Hospital patients are allowed one (1) visitor per day between 12 pm and 8 pm. See below for policies that govern specific services.
Maternity: Only one (1) visitor per maternity patient. The visitor must have a band. For the NICU, only two (2) banded visitors are allowed.
Emergency Department: Only one (1) visitor per patient. If the patient is admitted to the hospital after normal visiting hours, the visitor is permitted to stay with the patient for up to 30 minutes.
ICU: One (1) visitor per patient is permitted to visit between the hours 12-2 pm and 4-6 pm. Visitation is not permitted for COVID-positive patients in the ICU.
Same-Day Surgery: One (1) visitor can accompany a patient to the Same-Day Surgery area, but must leave and return when the patient is ready to be released.
Hospice: Two (2) visitors are permitted to visit a patient who is nearing the end of life.
COVID-Positive Patients: No visitors are permitted.
Compassionate Care: One (1) visitor is permitted to visit a patient.
Effective April 8, 2021. Visitation hours are subject to change.
Redeemer Health is scheduling vaccine appointments for those within group 1A as defined by the PA Department of Health through our vaccine phone line: 215-344-9490.
The line is in operation Monday through Friday starting at 9 AM. You can call for an appointment or you can send in an email request.
If you would like an appointment through an email, please email email@example.com and be sure to include your full name, date of birth, how you qualify for 1A status, and a phone number where we can reach you.
Stay safe, mask up, wash up and keep 6-feet apart. Learn more about getting the COVID vaccine.
Holy Redeemer Health System offers COVID-19 testing for patients who meet screening criteria and have a valid testing order from their physician. The patient’s health care provider will email a copy of their prescription to our scheduling office. Once received our office will call the patient directly to schedule the test and confirm the date/time of the testing appointment.
The testing site is located within the Holy Redeemer Health and Fitness Center, 1648 Huntingdon Pike, Meadowbrook, PA. Appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Patients must be scheduled for a specific time; no unscheduled appointments are permitted. Any Holy Redeemer employee who feels they are a candidate for COVID-19 testing should follow protocols and contact their Manager and Occupational Health.
COVID-19 Test Instructions
On the day of your appointment, for your safety and the safety of others, we require you to wear a mask. Ask your family member to wait outside, unless you need their assistance during the appointment. (Your family member must also wear a mask.)
Call us to re-schedule this appointment if between now and the appointment you:
- have tested positive for COVID 19 or are waiting for a test result
- have been told to isolate due to a COVID 19 exposure
- have had fever, chills, sweats, cough, shortness of breath, headache, new loss of smell or taste, nausea or diarrhea within 48 hours of the appointment
The following is a list of mitigation strategies that we have implemented at the recommendation and guidance of the federal government and the Pennsylvania Department of Health regarding the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Monitoring of residents twice daily for temperature elevation or changes in pulse oximetry readings
- Visitor Restriction
- Social Distancing
- In-room Dining
- Virtual Activities/Communication with Residents and Family Members
- Employee/Essential Non-Employee Screening through Main Entrance (screening includes questions, temperature recording, administering proper personal protective equipment, and the directive to wash hands prior to entrance)
- Masking for residents when they leave their rooms for any reason
- Creation of a Covid-19 Isolation unit/observation unit for any Covid-19 resident
- Fit-testing of N-95 masks
- N-95 masks/isolation gowns, gloves, and face shields for use with Covid-19 residents
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment for use with non-Covid residents. (Includes surgical masks)
- Sanitizing high touch surfaces in the building twice daily
- In-servicing of all departments on the proper donning and doffing of personal protective equipment and proper hand hygiene technique
- Proactive testing of all residents and employees for Covid-19
- Pre-employment screening now to include testing for Covid-19 prior to start date
- All admissions to facility must be tested 48 hours prior to admission for Covid-19
- ABHR dispensers are available at the entrance, the hallways and each resident room
- Monitoring employee callouts for any respiratory symptoms/fever that may require testing for the virus and follow up with Occupational Health at Holy Redeemer
View our complete safety plan in accordance with requirements of the PA Department of Health.
Redeemer Health Home Care and Hospice continue to provide patients with high-quality, compassionate home health care. Please be assured our team members follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and stringent infection control protocols to keep our patients, staff, and the community safe and healthy. Learn more.