- Find a Provider
Redeemer Health provides compassionate care across every stage of life.
- View all Services
- Health Care
- Cancer Care
- Heart Care
- Maternity Care
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Pediatric Urgent Care
- More Health Care Services
- Home Care
- Support at Home
- Special Recovery at Home
- Chronic & Complex Conditions
- Advanced Care at Home
- Hospice Care
- More Home Care Services
- Patients & Visitors
Vaccine and Safety Updates
Please call our vaccine phone line to request an appointment: 215-344-9490. The line is in operation Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 4 PM.
You must be age 12 or older to receive the vaccine. If you are between ages 12 and 17 you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who will be asked to sign a vaccination consent form. If you have any questions about getting vaccinated, please contact your physician. Your second dose appointment will be scheduled based on CDC guidelines and will be included in your confirmation e-mail.
Stay safe, mask up, wash up and keep 6-feet apart. Learn more about getting the COVID vaccine.
TWO (2) VISITORS AT A TIME 12 pm - 8pm
All visitors must wear a mask at all times per CDC guidelines for healthcare facilities regardless of vaccination status.
Visitors must be screened prior to entering Holy Redeemer Hospital and going to a patient’s room.
While there is a maximum of two visitors per patient at one time, there may be different visitors throughout the day (during visiting hours).
This applies to:
- Adult Inpatients (except Maternity)
- SBHU two (2) visitors 1-3 pm and 4-6 pm
- Same-Day Surgery: One (1) visitor can accompany a patient to the Same-Day Surgery area, but must leave and return when the patient is ready to be released.
- Outpatients requiring assistance, one (1) visitor
- Prenatal Ultrasounds - One (1) support person may remain with patient during the ultrasound (all locations where performed, Maternal Fetal Medicine and Radiology).
- No visitors are permitted for COVID positive patients
- End-of-life Care: Four (4) visitors at a time
- Maternity: Only two (2) visitors per maternity patient. For the NICU, only two (2) banded visitors are allowed 24/7
- Emergency Department: two (2) visitors 24/7
Staff may modify visitation limits dependent on specific needs of the unit at any given time
Effective June 18, 2021. Visitation hours are subject to change.
Holy Redeemer Health System offers COVID-19 testing for patients who meet screening criteria and have a valid testing order from their physician. The patient’s health care provider will email a copy of their prescription to our scheduling office. Once received our office will call the patient directly to schedule the test and confirm the date/time of the testing appointment.
The testing site is located within the Holy Redeemer Health and Fitness Center, 1648 Huntingdon Pike, Meadowbrook, PA. Appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Patients must be scheduled for a specific time; no unscheduled appointments are permitted. Any Holy Redeemer employee who feels they are a candidate for COVID-19 testing should follow protocols and contact their Manager and Occupational Health.
COVID-19 Test Instructions
On the day of your appointment, for your safety and the safety of others, we require you to wear a mask. Ask your family member to wait outside, unless you need their assistance during the appointment. (Your family member must also wear a mask.)
Call us to re-schedule this appointment if between now and the appointment you:
- have tested positive for COVID 19 or are waiting for a test result
- have been told to isolate due to a COVID 19 exposure
- have had fever, chills, sweats, cough, shortness of breath, headache, new loss of smell or taste, nausea or diarrhea within 48 hours of the appointment
The following is a list of mitigation strategies that we have implemented at the recommendation and guidance of the federal government and the Pennsylvania Department of Health regarding the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Monitoring of residents twice daily for temperature elevation or changes in pulse oximetry readings
- Visitor Restriction
- Social Distancing
- In-room Dining
- Virtual Activities/Communication with Residents and Family Members
- Employee/Essential Non-Employee Screening through Main Entrance (screening includes questions, temperature recording, administering proper personal protective equipment, and the directive to wash hands prior to entrance)
- Masking for residents when they leave their rooms for any reason
- Creation of a Covid-19 Isolation unit/observation unit for any Covid-19 resident
- Fit-testing of N-95 masks
- N-95 masks/isolation gowns, gloves, and face shields for use with Covid-19 residents
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment for use with non-Covid residents. (Includes surgical masks)
- Sanitizing high touch surfaces in the building twice daily
- In-servicing of all departments on the proper donning and doffing of personal protective equipment and proper hand hygiene technique
- Proactive testing of all residents and employees for Covid-19
- Pre-employment screening now to include testing for Covid-19 prior to start date
- All admissions to facility must be tested 48 hours prior to admission for Covid-19
- ABHR dispensers are available at the entrance, the hallways and each resident room
- Monitoring employee callouts for any respiratory symptoms/fever that may require testing for the virus and follow up with Occupational Health at Holy Redeemer
Redeemer Health Home Care and Hospice continue to provide patients with high-quality, compassionate home health care. Please be assured our team members follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and stringent infection control protocols to keep our patients, staff, and the community safe and healthy. Learn more.